Monday, May 20, 2013

Lately

We have spent the last month embracing every moment of the new summer.  Spring bypassed Edmonton this year and in what seemed an overnight miracle, winter turned into summer.  A welcomed event that couldn't have happened sooner.  Even just the simplest acts like opening the windows, shaking out the rugs, or sitting on the patio with a summer beer seem monumental and are not to be taken for granted when you live in a place where bitter cold weather spans 8 months out of the year.

We took advantage of an invitation to our friends family cabin this weekend.  It reminded me so much of home and made me even more excited for my upcoming trip back to Michigan.  In just 8 short days I'll be hanging out at our cabin on Lake Superior, spending much needed time with my family, and celebrating two of my best friends weddings.  I couldn't think of a better way to kick off the summer.  I am only sad I can only be there for one week this time around.  As usual, I will make the most of every second.

In honor of summer and one of my favorite pastimes, sitting around a bonfire, I have been working hard in the kitchen trying out new homemade marshmallow recipes.  I found one that is ridiculously simple and simply divine.  I will share next post, which you may have noticed by now are scarce in the summer months. I hope you are taking advantage of and enjoying every precious summer moment!

2 comments:

  1. Will you be coming up to the cabin again this summer?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz!!! Well, I'm just not sure yet. It pains me to think I'd be missing the 4th and the whole crew at the cabin, but I'm going home in August for a while, too. I don't know if we can swing that much time off or that many flights this summer. I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete