Monday, November 11, 2013

lately

I took some unannounced time off from the blog. The end of October through this past weekend was awesomely uneventful. It made me realize just how quickly the next few months will fly by and I wanted to absorb all I could of the restful past couple weeks before the hustle and bustle of the holidays. 

We took advantage of the downtime and dug out our Christmas decorations. It felt strange to me, as though it were too early. But only because I'm used to decorating after the American Thanksgiving near the end of November. In Canada, we celebrate in October so it's fairly common to see Christmas pop up all around you right after Halloween. Let the Christma-fy begin!

In other news, we booked our flights to Raleigh, North Carolina! My cousin, Michael, is getting married early December and the entire Honkanen-side of my family will be in attendance. It will be a great celebration of marriage and Christmas all at once. We couldn't be more excited! And of course, we are always searching for any excuse to escape the snow for a while...


     Nice to see you again Mr. Nutcracker! 


No comments:

Post a Comment