Monday, October 28, 2013

last week's best

We are nearing the end of October and like clockwork, the snow fell in Alberta. I'm not sure if I am ready to hibernate just yet. I still want to wear sandals; boots and socks weigh me down both literally and figuratively. And yet, I found myself digging out our snow gear with a smile on my face. Hmmm... Here is a very late recap of my past week.

1. We very successfully hosted a grand dinner in our teeny, tiny townhome with 14 of our closest friends here in Edmonton. We served rustic Italian with an antipasto platter and cheese plate to start. Our main was Giada's famous stuffed shells in aribiatta sauce with a side plate of Caesar salad with homemade dressing and crisped prosciutto crumbles. And dessert was a classic tiramisu. A lovely evening.

2. We spent the weekend in. Which never happens, we usually have a thing or two in our schedule. Sure, we ventured out of the house, but had no purpose. That too, was lovely.

3. I took a nice walk outside today and inhaled deep breaths of the last bit of air to unharm my lungs. I think that's a big deal. The next five months of winter will bring the coldest air and undoubtedly knock the wind right out of me. Here is a little photo from that walk. I hope you had a great Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment