Monday, September 30, 2013

last week's best

I've been down for the count over most of the weekend.  I spent Saturday and Sunday on the couch with a sour stomach. I am feeling much better today and back in the swing of things! So, here are some of the highlights from the last week.

1. The monthly dinners have started back up again and I couldn't be more excited! Last Friday was the kick off at Laura and Sheldon's house.  They made us a fantastic, comfort-food style meal that still makes my mouth water.  And of course, the great company alone was just what we needed.  Nate and I host next month! I'll keep you posted on the menu.

2. Nate and I went out for dinner to a pizza place here in Edmonton.  It was our first time there and we were very pleased. We ordered Sal's Special with fresh mozzarella, fresh parsley and crispy prosciutto. It was devine.  It's also pictured below.

3. My work schedule lately has allowed me to have Mondays and Fridays off.  This is pretty wonderful and for the first time, in a long time, I was able to head to the coffee shop across the street from our house and actually sit and take in the scene.  It's something I will try to pencil in my Friday mornings from now on.


3 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better friend! and Now I want pizza for breakie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI. I just wanted to pop in and say that I am SO enjoying your (more numerous) posts lately. I love keeping up with your week-to-week life. And that pizza looks amazing. Parsley on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kathy! And HI Liz! I must send a BIG congrats to you and Micah on your new home, home-ownership is a great feeling :) Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete