Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Lately

I think I've been procrastinating this post because there is just to much ground to cover.  I'll keep it simple so as to not overwhelm...myself.

I made it back to Michigan for a whirlwind of a trip.  It is one I will always remember.  Two of my best friends were married on the same day, there was so much to celebrate and so much love to go around.  From the moment I stepped foot off the plane, it was all systems go.  Decorations, flowers, dance rehearsals, rehearsal dinners, bar crawls, hair appointments, champagne...lots of champagne, dancing...lots of dancing, pictures, trolley rides, vows, tears...both happy and sad.  It was the fastest six days of my life and I would relive it over and over again if I could. 

While I was still there, I realized six days in Michigan is never enough.  In an emotional conversation with Nate he told me he was booking my next flight to Michigan.  He knows me so well and knew I needed more time.  I'm so thankful for him.  I just wish he could join me this time.  I return home on June 27th where I will be greeted by the whole gangThat's right, in the rarest of circumstances (not even my own wedding can bring us all together) all the Honkanen cousins will be reunited.  Only adding to my excitement, the rest of the summer cabin crew will be there as well, including this lady

Nate and I have much to be thankful for this summer.  Just considering our family and great friends, our cup simply overfloweth.  Also, as I write, Nate is completing his management course in Amsterdam.  Exhausted from the 8 hour time difference and the 16 hour work days, his hard work is finally paying off.  You're almost done hunny, I'm so proud of you!  In August, my current career path is also coming to an end and am looking forward to what the future holds for me. And one last thing...I am thankful for my iPhone.  Yes, that's correct, I am now a contributing member of well, the world (as I'm sure I was the last person on earth to own one).  Now, with my phone at my side, I will have photographic proof of my adventures back home.  I can't wait to share them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment